Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sierra Villa assisted living home

 I have recently started volunteering at this place.  I use to volunteer at a rehab in college.
So in my spare time  (when I wasn't in school)  I would have something to do. It was just up the street not too far so I could walk there. Well I moved to Clovis, CA soon after Joe and I got married. It has taken about 9 months for me to get cleared by the home so  that  now I can volunteer. It is just a small walk away from where Joe and I live.  When I volunteer I don't do anything really except play games and  talk to people. Pretty much I just go in to make people smile. I feel really good when I go volunteer because the people see what I am going through with my TBI and  they see I am still positive and active. I am scheduled to go volunteer twice a week.

1 comment: